Maintaining Bone China
Generally people prefer to own fine pieces of crockery
, but are fed up of maintaining them. When you’re talking about materials like Fine Bone China
. Those can give you a real run for your money, when not handled with care.
Taking care of your fine bone china isn’t really all that difficult. It would be better to know how to maintain it.
- Bone China is very delicate and is easily breakable. So, watch those taps and sink edges when you’re washing the bone china.
- As is the rule with most other materials, if your bone china is decorated with any sort of metal, it shouldn’t be used in the microwave.
- Cajole your bone china into different temperatures. This means that you shouldn’t dunk it suddenly in cold water, when it’s hot.
- It would be best if you wouldn’t use your china for cooking purposes.
- If you generally hang cups off their handles when not used, try not to do this with china cups. It could weaken the handle and cause it to break off.
- Try not to scrub your china crockery with scrubbers made of metal, or those that would damage its surface.
- If you need to get tough stains off your bone china crockery’s surface, try soaking it in some warm water first.
- If you need to use the dishwasher to clean your bone china, it would be recommended that you do not use washing detergents that are strongly caustic. Also, it would be a good idea to keep the temperature below 250 degrees centigrade in the oven.
- Finally, when you’re arranging the china back after that successful dinner, try not to stack them on top of each other. This would cause surfaces to scratch. Try placing paper or tissue between each piece to avoid contact. Remember, the value of Crockery that is rare and well-maintained is quite high. It is also a wonderful gift to be passed down to generations